EUROGIP is an observatory and a resource centre on questions relating to the insurance and prevention of accidents at work and occupational diseases at international, and in particular European, level. It is a key player in this field, with no equivalent in Europe.
Formed in 1991 as part of the “Occupational injuries Branch” of the Social Security system, EUROGIP is its international relay. Its activities are centred on the following areas:
- monitoring and information,
- studies and surveys,
- standardization in occupational health and safety,
- coordination of notified bodies for the EC certification of machinery and personal protective equipment,
- projects of Community interest,
- external relations and communication,
- coordination of the international relations of the Occupational injuries Branch.
Public interest grouping formed by the French National Health Insurance Fund for Employees (CNAMTS) and the National Institute for Research and Safety (INRS).
Equi-representational Board formed by representatives of employers’ organisations and trade union organisations.
+ 80% come from a subsidy allocated by the National fund for occupational health and safety (funded by the insurance contributions paid by employers) and 25% from contracts and product sales.