As part of its 15th Healthy Workplaces Good Practice Awards competition, the EU-OSHA recognises 8 winning and 8 commended examples that successfully tackle musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs).
Of the 38 organisations from 22 countries shortlisted to participate, the European jury selected examples that demonstrated a holistic approach to occupational health and safety (OHS). Selection criteria included: joint commitment from employer and employees, real and demonstrable improvements, interventions that are sustainable and transferable to other workplaces and sectors across Europe, but also meet or exceed the legislative requirements of the EU Member State where they were implemented.
Thus, through actions such as the involvement of workers, the development of an exoskeleton or a database, or the modification of the production line, the eight winners are:
- Universitätsklinikum AKH Wien, the largest hospital in Austria,
- Swissport Cyprus Ltd, Larnaka and Paphos international airports,
- SAP SE (Germany),
- F&F Ltd, a family-owned confectionery factory in Hungary,
- Servizi Italia Spa (Italy), provider of laundry and sterilisation services for the health sector,
- SIA Silkeborg Spaantagning Baltic, a Latvian metalworking company,
- UAB Vonin, a manufacturer of professional fishing equipment in Lithuania,
- Zavarovalnica Triglav, d.d., a Slovenian insurance company.
They will be awarded at the Healthy Workplace Summit in Bilbao (Spain), in November 2022. All examples will be presented as case studies and in a brochure in the coming months.