Home > The news of EUROGIP and occupational risks in Europe >
As part of the public consultation launched by the European Commission on the future Strategic Framework on occupational Health and Safety (OSH) for 2021-2027, the French social partners unanimously adopted an opinion on 15 January.
Their wish is that the following points should be included in the future strategy:
- the affirmation of the primacy of primary operational prevention and social dialogue in any OSH policy;
- the need for easily accessible and qualified health and prevention professionals in the field of occupational health in order to implement a health and safety policy linked to work situations;
- the determination of validated and shared criteria for assessing the efficiency of the OSH policies pursued by the Member States;
- the need to provide useful support to SMEs to assist them in implementing OSH rules, particularly with regard to so-called complex risks (including chemical risks);
- the importance of examining work situations to take account of the risks inherent in all workers, particularly those to which the most vulnerable populations are exposed;
- the contribution of research work and innovation in the field of OSH with a view to constantly improving working conditions;
- the independence of expertise in the fields of occupational health.
This opinion was formulated by the Standing Policy Group of the Working Conditions Policy Council (GPO of the COCT). This is made up of representatives of the trade union organisations (CFDT, CGT, CGT-FO, CFTC, CFE-CGC) and employers’ organisations (MEDEF, CPME, U2P, UNAPL, FNSEA), the ministries responsible for labour (DGT) and agriculture (SAFSL) and the CNAM’s Occupational Hazards Directorate.
Read the opinion (in French)