“The unprecedented challenge posed by the Covid-19 pandemic has demonstrated that social security is essential and has the capacity to innovate, to adapt the coverage offered. Building on the reports for Europe, Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific, the International Social Security Association (ISSA) is publishing a brand new report on Trends, challenges and solutions.
The report was presented at the opening of the World Social Security Forum 2022, which was held from 24 to 28 October in Marrakech (Morocco). It addresses five themes:
- Evolving management practices
- Extending and maintaining social security coverage
- Meeting the needs of an ageing population
- Promoting inclusive growth and cohesion
- Social security responses to the COVID-19 pandemic